Tuesday, August 27, 2019

THE TRUTH ABOUT COWBOYS by Lisa Renee Jones


Title:  THE TRUTH ABOUT COWBOYS

Series:  Sweetwater #1

Author:  Lisa Renee Jones

Publisher:  Entangled Publishing

Publish Date:   08.27.2019

Category /Genre:  Contemporary Romance

Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content

Grammar/editing:  book received as an unedited ARC / errors excused

Received from:  Entangled Publishing

Goodreads link: The Truth about Cowboys

Date completed: 08.20.2019



Description from the publisher:

I had my life figured out.

Engaged to a successful man.

About to make partner at my firm.

Bought a high-rise apartment in downtown Dallas.

And then, poof, it’s all gone.  Now, like in some cheesy romantic comedy, my car has broken down in the pouring rain on my way to “find myself” in The Middle of Nowhere, Texas.  Cue hot guy coming to my rescue and changing my tire.  This is the part where we flirt and have a meet-cute, right?  That’s how it works in romance novels, and I should know—after all, I’m coming to Texas to write my own cowboy romance.  But nope.  This sexy cowboy lights into me about not being prepared for the country roads and how inappropriate my high-heeled boots are.

Little did I know, Jason Jenks would tilt my world into a new dimension with his sinful smirk and his bad attitude.  Every time I turn around, he’s there to reluctantly save the day.  And every time, I think there may be something to that spark we ignite.  But there’s a reason the majority of country songs are about broken hearts.  The closer I get to this man, the closer I get to learning the truth about cowboys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



THE TRUTH ABOUT COWBOYS is the first book in the Sweetwater series.  Each will stand on its own.



Does anyone remember Dudley Goodwright?  Nell?  Snidley Whiplash?  When I was a child, we would sum up the old cartoons by using a blue bow and holding it under our nose (Snidley’s mustache), “You must pay the rent.” Then at the back of our heads, (Nell), “But I can’t pay the rent!”  Repeat:  “You must pay the rent.”  “But I can’t pay the rent!” Then, we would hold that bow at our neck (Dudley), “I’ll pay the rent.”  “My hero,” Nell sighs.



This story reminded me of those old cartoons, with a few twists.  After all, it’s been nearly 100 years since those days of the Canadian Mountie and his beautiful beleaguered femme.  Jessica is no wilting Texas rose; she’s a former divorce attorney shark turned author.  Though Jason saves her from mud and mice, she is as willing to support his life and dreams as he does hers.



I don’t normally love the tormented I love you-I hate you type of relationship beginnings.  Okay, maybe hate is too strong of a word, but denial is all over that ranch!  Thank God for one matchmaking, meddling, cookie-baking grandma who knows more than she’s let on to her ex-baseball playing, handsome as heck, cowboy grandson.



I have a feeling the next book will be about Allen and Debbie.  At least I hope it is.  I’m looking forward to learning more about their story and their happy ending.



Note:  While I received this book as a gifted ARC, my opinions are my own and are given freely.



Sweetwater Series:

1.      The Truth About Cowboys

2.      Tied Up in Mistletoe (releases 10.xx.2019)

Also from Lisa Renee Jones:

·         Amber Fire

·         Need You Now

·         A Perfect Lie

·         Play with Me

·         Unwrapping Holly

Careless Whispers Series:

1.      Denial

2.      Demand

3.      Surrender

Dirty Money Series:

1.      Hard Rules

2.      Damage Control

3.      Bad Deeds

4.      End Game

Dirty Rich Series:



3.      Dirty Rich Obsession

4.      Dirty Rich Betrayal


6.      Dirty Rich Bastard (Filthy #1)



9.      The Princess (Filthy #2)

10.  The Empire (Filthy #3)

11.  His Demand (Dirtier Duet #1)

12.  Her Submission (Dirtier Duet #2)

13.  Dirty Rich Secrets, Part 1

14.  Dirty Rich Secrets , Part 2

15.  Dirty Rich Secrets, Part 3

Inside Out Series:

1.      If I Were You

2.      Being Me

3.      Revealing Us

a.       His Secrets

b.      Rebecca’s Lost Journals

c.       The Master Undone

d.      My Hunger

4.      No In Between

4.5  My Control

5.      I Belong to You

6.      All of Me

Lilah Love series:

1.      Murder Notes

2.      Murder Girl

3.      Love Me Dead



1.      One Man

2.      One Woman (releases September 2019)

3.      Two Together (releases November 2019)

Poison Kisses serial:

1.      Part One

2.      Part Two

3.      Part Three


1.      Savage Hunger (releases 12.17.2019)

The Secret Life of Amy Bensen Series:

1.      Escaping Reality


3.      Forsaken

4.      Unbroken

Tall, Dark, & Deadly Series:

0.5 Secrets Exposed

1.      Hot Secrets

2.      Dangerous Secrets

2.5 One Dangerous Night

3.      Beneath the Secrets

Walker Security Series:

1.      Deep Under

2.      Pulled Under

3.      Falling Under

White Lies Series:

1.      Provocative

2.      Shameless




















No comments:

Post a Comment