Monday, February 2, 2015

THE MASTER UNDONE by Lisa Renee Jones



Title:  THE MASTER UNDONE
Series:  Inside Out #2.5
Author:  Lisa Renee Jones
Publish Date:   08.12.13
Publisher:  Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books / Pocket Star
Category:  Romance
Recommended for:  21+
Received from:  Pocket Star via netgalley.com
Date completed: 08.18.13

 Description from the publisher:
I told him goodbye, and I will not call him. I know if I do, it will be my undoing, and I’ll once again be caught up in his spell. I will once again be…lost.

In her private journals, Rebecca laid bare her soul, revealing her obsession for the one man whose erotic demands captivated her imagination—and enslaved her forever. Now, with Rebecca no longer in his life, her former Master is lost—questioning everything he thought he knew about himself, and the control he holds in such high regard. One woman will reach out to heal him and then turn away, leaving him haunted. She is nothing he thought he wanted, and somehow everything he needs. He tells himself to forget her, but he cannot escape his desire for her. He has to have more..

Spoiler Alert:  If you have not read IF I WERE YOU (book 1) and BEING ME (book 2).  Then STOP NOW – GO BACK – DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW UNTIL YOU READ THOSE BOOKS.

After the discovery that Rebecca is gone forever, and he knows that she can never return, her former Master is blaming himself for her absence from his world.  Within days, he also receives the news that his mother is in the hospital with cancer.  When he rushes to be by her side, he is met with a little spitfire who will not allow him to maintain the control he is so used to commanding and demanding.  What does a Master do, when he finds himself at the mercy of someone who seems to know him inside and out?

The Master Undone is a very short novella, a companion book for the Inside Out Trilogy and should be read between Being Me and Revealing Us (book 3).

I have purposely not given the name of the Master in order to maintain the mystery for those who have not read the previous books.  I will say that it was very good to lose myself in the other brain of the Dom/sub relationship, if only for a little while.  I loved the little spitfire, Crystal.  I can only hope that her voice is brought back in a later book.

Grammar/editing:  A – near perfect

 Other books in the Inside Out series:
  1. If I Were You (Book 1)
  2. The Seduction (Journal)
  3. The Contract (Journal)
  4. His Submissive (Journal)
  5. My Master (Journal)
  6. Behind Closed Doors (Ella’s story)
  7. Being Me (Book 2)
  8. The Master Undone ( the Master’s story)
  9. Revealing Us (Book 3)

Other Books from Lisa Renee Jones:  Please visit her website at: www.lisareneejones.com/ to locate a printable book list.










originally posted 08.18.13 on my previous website
WordPress.com closed that site because I promoted authors and their books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment