Friday, June 10, 2016

FINDING YOU by S.K. Hartley


Title:  FINDING YOU

Author:  S.K. Hartley

Publish Date:   09.29.13

Publisher:  S.K. Hartley

Category /Genre:  NA, Contemporary Romance

Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content

Grammar/editing:  C – average writing

Received from:  Purchased on Amazon

Tour by:  BOOK OF THE MONTH – Book Whores Around the World

Goodreads:  Finding You

Date completed: 12.30.2013

 

Description from the publisher:

Finding You - Book one in The Bad Boy Series.

'I will always take care of you'

My pain started when I was just ten years old, it was the day my mom got that dreaded phone call. Life has never been the same....

'I will always protect you'

I am all kinds of broken....

I have known Logan White since forever, he is my brothers best friend and my secret protector. I used to have nightmares that drew me into a dark place and when the nightmares got too much, Logan was by my side. The nightmares are few and far between now, but my life is centered around the tragedy of my past.

Logan is the definition of 'man whore', with girls lining around the block to drop their panties at the click of his fingers. But after an unexpected moment things change. Now Logan is somebody else; hot, sexy and so damn delicious and I want to know him. Desperately.

But then there is Angel Walker who is far from the angelic nature of his name, with eyes so hypnotic that I lose my inhabitations just by staring into them. But he is a broken man who just screams sin. He doesn't want to protect me or care for me, He just wants me.

Do I want the man who can cut through all of my pain or the man who could cause me more?

Fists will fly, hearts will shatter and desire will be fueled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

MY REVIEW

5 CROWNS



Neva (isn’t that a great name?) was a daddy’s girl, until the day a drunk driver took her daddy’s life.  She’s still daddy’s girl, but PTSD has made life difficult.  Her brother, Tate, and his best friend, Logan, have always been there for her.  Only they can drive her in a car; she doesn’t trust anyone else.  They are there when the torments of her nightmares overwhelm.  They know that she has been shattered by the night her father was taken from her.  Ten years later and in her second year at the local college, she meets Angel.  Angel doesn’t know she has been broken.  Angel just wants her and awakens her wants for him.  Only after Neva meets Angel does Logan admit his love for her.  Now she must decide between the one who has sworn to protect her and has always been there for her and the man who accepts her without her demons.

 

I need to write this one as an open letter.

 

Dear S.K.,

 

          Why?  Why do you torture us so completely?  Logan and Angel are both so fucking hot and devoted to Neva.  How is she supposed to decide?  How are we supposed to decide which team to be on?

 

          This story made me laugh and cry and then laugh and cry some more.  When the twins were arguing over who was sexier, I couldn’t breathe because I was laughing so hard.  I could relate to Neva’s pain in the hospital, because I lost a child due to a drinking driver.  I can drive, but I make a lousy passenger, and I have zero tolerance for someone having even one drink and then getting into a car.  The letter Neva received…. You know the one… had me bawling like a baby again and three minutes later I was laughing.  My husband threatened to banish me from the living room if I couldn’t just pick an emotion and stick with it. LOL.

 

          S.K.  I have found you on Facebook.  You have a new stalker friend following you.  I must have FINDING ME as soon as it is ready.  I’ll wash the dishes, you write.  I’ll pick the kids up from school, you write.  Got it?

 

          Your devoted fan,

          Mary Lou (aka Page Princess)

 

 Other books in the series:

1.     Finding You

2.     Finding Me

3.     Finding Us

Other Books from this Author:

  • Calm Before the Storm

  • Wild Series:
    • BadAss

 







 








originally posted 12.31.2013 on my previous website

WordPress.com closed that site because I promoted authors and their books

No comments:

Post a Comment