Monday, March 16, 2020

BAT AND THE BONE by Alexa Gregory


Title:  BAT AND THE BONE

Series:  FUC Academy #4

Author:  Alexa Gregory

Publisher:  EveL Worlds

Publish Date:   03.17.2020

Category /Genre:  Paranormal Romance, Rom-Com

Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content

Grammar/editing:  received as an unedited ARC / errors excused

Received from:  EveL Worlds

Goodreads link: Bat and the Bone

Date completed: 03.14.2020



Description from the publisher:

This bat likes a good bone…

Mila Starling is a forensic anthropologist who studies bones. And as a vampire bat, she loves her steak raw but her Highland cattle shifter detectives hot.

The last thing that Mila ever expected was for The Bloody Doctor to escape prison after nearly two decades of incarceration. But Detective T-Bone, a tall wall of muscular man cake, drops the bomb that the notorious serial killer is on the loose. He’s come to enlist Mila’s help due to her encyclopedic knowledge of the notorious serial killer’s crimes.

Too bad he didn’t realize that Mila’s obsession with the atrocities was the daughter trying to make up for the sins of the mother. That’s right. T-Bone’s new partner is the murderer’s daughter. But Mila is adamant that her link to the Bloody Doctor won’t stop her from bringing her mother to justice. They head out on the road, hoping to catch their mark before more bodies pile up. Their mission brings them to the Bloody Doctor’s jail cell where the proof is in the blood.

Bat and the Bone is a paranormal romantic comedy in Eve Langlais' Furry United Coalition (F.U.C) EveL World.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

BAT AND THE BONE is the fourth book in the multi-author FUC Academy series.  Each is a stand-alone, paranormal, romantic suspense story set in the FUC world created by Eve Langlais.  You do not need to have read any of those books to start this series – I haven’t, though I wish now that I had.



This is a paranormal, romantic, comedy with elements of psychology thriller since Mila’s mother is a notorious serial murderer who has escaped prison.



I love these characters!  Mila is a vampire bat and Agent Thrussell (I’ll let you find out his first name just as Mila did) is a Hairy Coo – that’s a Scottish cow that is raised to be dinner!  The witty banter was off the charts funny.  I loved the “Edward” (Cullins) jokes that persisted along with so many others that kept me turning the page. 



But this wasn’t just funny, it was also hold onto the edge of your seat, fast-paced crime solving at its best.  If you like Criminal Minds, NCIS, and CSI as much as I do, you’re going to love this one.  Mila even reminds me a bit of Abby from NCIS, though I tend to be more like Garcia from Criminal Minds (one of my coworkers has even called me by her name before! LOL)



I loved this book.  I love this series.  I want more!!!  I recommend it to anyone who could use a bit of a laugh and a distraction, which I think is pretty much everybody.



Note:  While I received this book as a gifted ARC via Booksprout, my opinions are my own and are given freely.



FUC Academy Series:

1.      FUCN’A Introduction (Eve Langlais)

2.      I’ll Be Dammed (Mandy Rosko)

3.      Goose and the Ocelot (Renee Hewett)

4.      Bat and the Bone (Alexa Gregory)

5.      Panda and the Kitty (Eve Langlais) (releases 03.25.2020)

6.      Jumping the Bull (Jenn Burke) (releases 04.14.2020)



Also from Alexa Gregory:

·         The Kelpie’s Redemption

·         The Resurrectionist

Dread Dynasty Series:

1.      Demon Toil, Witch Trouble

The Lazar Sisters Series:

1.      Bats Got Bite (Paranormal Dating Agency)

2.      Batty for Dragons (Paranormal Dating Agency)

3.      For Bat’s Sake (Paranormal Dating Agency)

 
















No comments:

Post a Comment