Monday, June 22, 2020

IT'S TIME TO STAY HOME LITTLE BEAR by S.M. Morin

Title:  IT'S TIME TO STAY HOME LITTLE BEAR
Author:  S.M. Morin
Publisher:  Sarah’s Little Books
Publish Date:   05.31.2020
Category /Genre:  x
Recommended for:  3 – 5 (YMMV)
Grammar/editing:  A – near perfect
Received from:  S.M. Morin (as an ARC gifted copy)
Goodreads link: It’s Time to Stay Home Little Bear
Date completed: 06.22.2020

Description from the publisher:
What do you do when your Mommy Bear tells you to go back to your cave and self-isolate, but it isn't even wintertime yet? When Little Bear hears about a virus spreading, he just wants to have fun with his friends and play in his forest playground. Mommy Bear has to teach him the importance of hygiene, social distancing, and the power of mommy's love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
First let me say that I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  I think it’s a nice way to explain basic social distancing, lockdown, and personal hygiene during the coronavirus pandemic (or any other epidemic/pandemic that may come up in our futures) to a little person.  I like that mother bear took the time to explain to little bear how they would get through their lockdown together and how they could use the phone to keep in touch with his grandparents.

The illustrations are clean and sweet.  They fit and enhance the story being told. 

This is the author’s first release and I think she did a beautiful job of it.  I hope she’ll soon share another story with us.

Note:  While I received this book as a gifted ARC via Booksprout, my opinions are my own and are given freely.

Also from S.M. Morin:
·         It’s Time to Stay Home, Little Bear

BUY LINKS



No comments:

Post a Comment