Thursday, March 18, 2021

SWEATPANTS AND SPELLS by Keira Blackwood

Title:  SWEATPANTS AND SPELLS
Series:  Midlife Magic in Marshmallow  #1
Author:  Keira Blackwood
Publisher:  Paramour Press
Publish Date:   10.13.2020
Category /Genre:  Paranormal Romance
Recommended for:  18+
Grammar/editing:  received as an unedited ARC / errors excused
Received from:  Keira Blackwood
Goodreads link: Sweatpants and Spells
Date completed: 03.12.2021
 
Description from the publisher:
I knew hot flashes were supposed to be hot, but I didn’t expect flames.
 
One day I’m in anger management, normalizing the cordial hate between me and my husband.
 
The next, we’re divorced, and he has taken both our house and the business we built together. I’m forty years old and living above our empty restaurant, plotting my next move.
 
And then the world around starts lighting up—literally catching on fire. I’m starting to think my defining characteristic may not be my snark or my cupcake-baking prowess, but spontaneous combustion.
 
I’m done suppressing my anger. I’m done playing by other people’s rules. Ready to take the reins on my destiny, I’m making the choices I used to be too afraid to make. Like my favorite cast iron skillet, women get better with age. And at forty, I know exactly who I am and what I want.
 
I’ll embrace the fire and the fury. This is my life, and I’m in control.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SWEATPANTS AND SPELLS is the first book in the Midlife Magic in Marshmallow  series.  This series must be read in the order of release.
 
This begins at her step-daughter’s wedding and avoiding the limp gherkin that is Remi’s ex-husband until it is polite to leave.  Thank all that is wonderful for her bestie, Jen, who is there to make it bearable.
 
Remi’s life changes drastically that night when her ex-husband and his new wife corner her just when she’s about to sneak away.  Kidnapping, crashing, and flames are just the beginning of a mid-life crisis for Remi.
 
Then there is Remi and Jen’s new “friend,” Molly.  The woman is older than everything that came before dirt and snarkier than snark.  Jen doesn’t see it.  She’s obviously been a witch for a long time.  She knows a lot, but she’s slow to share.  Finally, why does she rub Molly so abrasively?
 
I loved all of the snark and sass.  I loved that people are called inventive names like “gherkin,” but swearing is still appropriate in other instances.  I also love all of Remi’s old band t-shirts.
 
This world is fun, laugh-out-loud funny, and exceptionally out-of-control.
 
Note:  While I received this book as a gifted ARC, my opinions are my own and are given freely.
 
Midlife Magic in Marshmallow Series:
1.      Sweatpants and Spells
2.      Scrapbooking the Supernatural (releases 04.13.2021)
3.      Wrinkles and Runes (releases 09.27.2021)
Also from Keira Blackwood:
·         Dragon Ever After
·         Hope Reclaimed
·         Howl for the Holidays
·         Orphan Entangled
·         Revenge
·         Stolen Moments
·         Wild Atonement
Alphas & Alchemy: Elemental Shifters series (with Eva Knight):
1.      Dragon Guardian of Land
2.      Wolf Warrior of Land
3.      Dragon Guardian of Water
4.      Bear Warrior of Water
5.      Dragon Guardian of Wind /Fire (coming soon)
Alphas & Alchemy: Fierce Mates Series:
1.      Claimed in Forbidden
2.      Fated in Forbidden
3.      Bound to Forbidden
4.      Caught in Forbidden
5.      Mated in Forbidden  
6.      Forever in Forbidden  
7.      Destined in Forbidden
Protectors of the Pack series:
1.      Bodyguard
2.      Enemies
3.      Heir
4.      Warrior
5.      Scoundrel
6.      Brawler 
Protectors Quick Bites Series (with Eva Knight):
1.      Midnight Wish
2.      I Dream of Grizzly
3.      The Ocean’s Roar
4.      To Catch a Werewolf
5.      Outfoxed
6.      Tactics and Tails
Protectors of Riverwood Series:
1.      Grizzly Bait
2.      Grizzly Mate
3.      Grizzly Fate
Protectors of Sawtooth Peaks Series:
1.      Running to the Pack
2.      Defending the Pack
3.      Uniting the Pack
Protectors Unlimited Series:
1.      Can’t Prove Shift
2.      Suave as Shift
3.      In Deep Shift
Vampires of Scarlet Harbor Series:
1.      Pierced
2.      Hunted
3.      Ruled
Spellbound Sisters Series:
1.      Oracle Defiant
Spellbound Souls Series:
0.5  Dragon Forgotten
1.      Dragon Shattered
2.      Dragon Unbroken
3.      Dragon Reborn
 








AMAZON-US
BOOKBUB
 


No comments:

Post a Comment