Monday, January 18, 2021

BRAWLER by Keira Blackwood

Title:  BRAWLER
Series:  Protectors of the Pack #6
Author:  Keira Blackwood
Publisher:  Keira Blackwood
Publish Date:   01.18.2021
Category /Genre:  Paranormal Romance
Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content
Grammar/editing:  received as an unedited ARC / errors excused
Received from:  Keira Blackwood
Goodreads link: Brawler
Date completed: 01.07.2021
 
Description from the publisher:
I’m a soldier without a war, fighting to feel anything but numb.
The MC is gone. I should have left with them, but I couldn’t.
Because she stayed.
For as long as I can remember, I’ve been in love with my friend Shaundra.
But I can never have her.
She chose my brother, not me. And shifters mate for life.
I’ll never know the feel of her in my arms or the taste of her on my lips.
She’ll never accept me as the protector and provider for her and her kids.
It doesn’t matter that it’s hopeless--I’ll never choose another.
I’ll never leave her.
Shaundra is my mate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BRAWLER is the sixth book in the Protectors of the Pack series.  While reading the series in order adds to the story, you can read Brawler as a standalone. 
 
A wonderful emotional journey for Shaundra to realize what Brick/Brawler has always known.  His brother’s widow was always his mate.  Because of the past circumstances, this becomes a second chance and friends-to-lovers romance.  A very satisfying romance.
 
The children – and the dog – stole my heart.  Sweetness, a bit of silliness, and humor injected!
 
There is a great suspense story as Brick protects not only Shaundra and the girls, but also his community of shifters.
 
This is the first book I have read in the series and I loved this family.  The story did stand alone without problem, but I would love to read more of these characters.
 
Note:  While I received this book as a gifted ARC via Booksprout, my opinions are my own and are given freely.
 
Protectors of the Pack series:
1.      Bodyguard
2.      Enemies
3.      Heir
4.      Warrior
5.      Scoundrel
6.      Brawler
Also from Keira Blackwood:
·         Dragon Ever After
·         Hope Reclaimed
·         Howl for the Holidays
·         Orphan Entangled
·         Revenge
·         Stolen Moments
·         Wild Atonement
Alphas & Alchemy: Elemental Shifters series (with Eva Knight):
1.      Dragon Guardian of Land
2.      Wolf Warrior of Land
3.      Dragon Guardian of Water
4.      Bear Warrior of Water
5.      Dragon Guardian of Wind /Fire
Alphas & Alchemy: Fierce Mates Series:
1.      Claimed in Forbidden
2.      Fated in Forbidden
3.      Bound to Forbidden
4.      Caught in Forbidden  
5.      Mated in Forbidden
1.      Forever in Forbidden
6.      Destined in Forbidden  
Midlife Magic in Marshmallow Series:
1.      Sweatpants and Spells
Protectors Quick Bites Series (with Eva Knight):
1.      Midnight Wish
2.      I Dream of Grizzly
3.      The Ocean’s Roar
4.      To Catch a Werewolf
5.      Outfoxed
6.      Tactics and Tails
Protectors of Riverwood Series:
1.      Grizzly Bait
2.      Grizzly Mate
3.      Grizzly Fate
Protectors of Sawtooth Peaks Series:
1.      Running to the Pack
2.      Defending the Pack
3.      Uniting the Pack
Protectors Unlimited Series:
1.      Can’t Prove Shift
2.      Suave as Shift
3.      In Deep Shift
Vampires of Scarlet Harbor Series:
1.      Pierced
2.      Hunted
3.      Ruled
Spellbound Sisters Series:
1.      Oracle Defiant
Spellbound Souls Series:
0.5  Dragon Forgotten
1.      Dragon Shattered
2.      Dragon Unbroken
3.      Dragon Reborn
 





AMAZON-US
BOOKBUB
 


No comments:

Post a Comment