Wednesday, June 19, 2019

SAVE MY SOUL by K.S. Haigwood


Title:  SAVE MY SOUL

Series:  Save My Soul #1

Author:  K.S. Haigwood

Narrator:  Erin Mallon

Length:  7 hours 23 minutes

Audible Release Date:  01.03.2014

Publisher:  Kristie Haigwood

Publish Date:   03.16.2012

Category /Genre:  Paranormal Romance

Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content

Listenability:  OK  or  NSFW

Received from:  Kristie Haigwood (as an Audible gifted copy)

Goodreads link: Save My Soul

Date completed: 06.13.2019



Description from the publisher:

Kendra Larkin had everything going in the right direction.  Her life was seemingly perfect, and she wouldn't have changed a thing about it.  Unfortunately, the course of her life was about to be forever altered.  A tragic rappelling accident lands her on Dr. Adam Chamberlain's operating table.



She agrees to a deal proposed by a guardian angel to help save the soul of the man who is both her doctor and soulmate.  If she is successful, she gets to keep her life.  However, she later learns that it isn't just her life that's in jeopardy, but her soul as well.



Even with the help of her handsome guardian angel, Rhyan, it seems there is no happy ending in sight.  Torn between her newly discovered love of Rhyan, and the undeniable attraction she has for Adam, Kendra finds herself at a crossroad.  With Adam's steadfast rejection of God, and his guardian demon conspiring against her, she fears her soul may already be lost.



Will she find a way to overcome the evil her life is suddenly burdened with?  Or will Adam's guardian demon win both their souls and make Kendra his own personal puppet in Hell?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



SAVE MY SOUL is the first book in the Save My Soul series.  They must be read in the order of release.



I am a Parrotthead.  Now, what does loving Jimmy Buffet’s music have to do with reading this or any book?  It lets you know that I like the out of the ordinary things in life.  I don’t want or need my books or music to fit into nice little genres.  Jimmy isn’t country, rock, or pop.  He is himself.  That’s what makes his fans so loyal.  K.S. Haigwood has built her fandom on being unique as well.  Her stories are not just romance, not just suspense, they make you question yourself.  In this case, I question my place in my faith … and no, this is not a preachy “Christian novel.”  It’s so much more.  It is as entertaining as it is thought provoking.



This is romance.  This is suspense.  This is faith.  It is deep, abiding love.  It is the unexpected happening and being turned around to be the best or the worst.



I loved the twists and surprises.  I was hooked from page one.  For me, one of the best twists, the one that gave me the first gasp and giggle was realizing the “good angel” had the mouth of a sailor!



I can’t (and won’t) wait to begin the next book in this series.  Be back soon with a review of HELL’S GIFT.  (Can Rhyan be mine?)



Narration:  Erin Mallon has a sweet and pleasant voice, but she needs to learn to back off from the microphone.  The breath at the end of every sentence was more than a little off-putting.  I must say, it is the first time I have encountered this particular problem in narration.  I hope it is quickly corrected.



Note:  While I received this book as a gifted audiobook copy, my opinions are my own and are given freely.



Save My Soul Series:

1.      Save My Soul

2.      Hell’s Gift

3.      Good Side of Sin

Also from K.S. Haigwood:

·         Forbidden Touch

Becoming series:


2.      Becoming Charlie, Part 2 (coming soon)

3.      Becoming Sean, Part 1

4.      Becoming Sean, Part 2

5.      Becoming Us

Eternal Series:

1.      Eternal Island

2.      Eternal Immortality

3.      Eternal Illusion

Moonrising Series:

1.      Accepting the Moon

2.      Midnight Moonrising

3.      Andromeda’s Reign


















No comments:

Post a Comment