Tuesday, June 11, 2019

SCOUNDREL by Keira Blackwood

Title:  SCOUNDREL (a BAD ALPHA DADS story)

Series:  Protectors of the Pack #5

Author:  Keira Blackwood

Publisher:  Keira Blackwood

Publish Date:   06.11.2019

Category /Genre:  Paranormal Romance, M/C

Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content

Grammar/editing:  received as an unedited ARC / errors excused

Received from:  Keira Blackwood

Goodreads link: Scoundrel

Date completed: 06.09.2019



Description from the publisher:

I expected my downfall to be a wolf shifter.  I didn’t expect her to be a kid.

The Silent Butchers are trying to go straight.  At least my chapter is.  Still, life in the MC means trouble.  It’s unpredictable and full of surprises, but none compare to my newest challenge.

A little girl was dropped on my doorstep.  I’m told she’s mine--but I don’t know the first thing about being a father.

My only hope is enlisting the help of Paige--a woman who understands her, a woman who knows how to deal with her.

There’s no question Paige is my mate, or that she hates me.  But before I can convince her that she’s meant to be mine, I’ll have to prove I’m not the man she thinks I am.

If I don't hurry, I'll lose them both.

___________
While the series has an overarching storyline, this book can be read as a standalone.  Expect steamy shifter romance, edge-of-your-seat action, scorching love scenes, and a happily ever after.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



SCOUNDREL is the fifth book in the Protectors of the Pack series.  So, the first question was, “could it stand alone?”  I was assured it could and I can assure you in turn that this is true.



On the other hand, there were many places where it felt that more answers could have been provided. Just one example, Paige’s past in Frozen Peaks – is this a coincidence or something more?  Why bring it up?



As for Jett, Evie, and Paige – be still my heart.  With every moment they spent together, I fell more in love with each of them.



The story was often heart melting, sometimes funny, partially romantic, and laced with MC drama and raw sexuality.  In other words, it was a great combination of fun and edge-of-my-seat action, which is just how I like my shifters, dads, and families.



Note:  While I received this book as a gifted ARC via Booksprout, my opinions are my own and are given freely.



Protectors of the Pack series:

1.      Bodyguard

2.      Enemies

3.      Heir

4.      Warrior

5.      Scoundrel

Also from Keira Blackwood:

·         Dragon Ever After

·         Hope Reclaimed

·         Howl for the Holidays

·         Orphan Entangled

·         Revenge

·         Stolen Moments

·         Wild Atonement

Protectors Quick Bites Series:

1.      Midnight Wish

2.      I Dream of Grizzly

3.      The Ocean’s Roar

4.      To Catch a Werewolf

Protectors of Riverwood Series:

1.      Grizzly Bait

2.      Grizzly Mate

3.      Grizzly Fate

Protectors of Sawtooth Peaks Series:

1.      Running to the Pack

2.      Defending the Pack

3.      Uniting the Pack

Protectors Unlimited Series:

1.      Can’t Prove Shift

2.      Suave as Shift

3.      In Deep Shift

Vampires of Scarlet Harbor Series:

1.      Pierced

2.      Hunted

3.      Ruled

Spellbound Sisters Series:

1.      Oracle Defiant

Spellbound Souls Series:

0.5  Dragon Forgotten

1.      Dragon Shattered

2.      Dragon Unbroken

3.      Dragon Reborn

















No comments:

Post a Comment