Sunday, January 20, 2019

GET OFF ON THE PAIN by Victoria Ashley



Title:  GET OFF ON THE PAIN

Series:  Pain #1

Author:  Victoria Ashley

Publish Date:   02.01.2015

Publisher:  Victoria Ashley

Category /Genre:  Contemporary Romance

Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content

Grammar/editing:  book received as an unedited ARC / errors excused

Received from:  Victoria Ashley (as a gifted copy)

Goodreads link: Get Off on the Pain

Date completed: 04.04.2016



Description from the publisher:

Sexy, tattooed and inevitably dangerous. Memphis is all that and more…

I live for the pain; it’s what drives me to keep moving. But there comes a time when one has to push the demons aside in order to survive.

I thought I buried them deep. I thought I was ready to finally live. Until… my brother, Alex; he throws me into the fire—right into the place I could never control myself, the one place I never want to be again.

When I put my hands on people, they get hurt. Things happen that bring me back to that night. The one that will forever torment me.

I’m doing fine, keeping to myself in order to ensure no one gets hurt by me. Then along comes Lyric, and all I want to do is touch her, to put my hands in places that I know will only lead to her being crushed by me.

She’s the rush that I crave. The darkest of poison running through my veins, killing me bit by bit; like a drug I can’t get enough of even though I’m almost down to my last breath.

And being around her only hurts more, but what she doesn’t understand is that I welcome the pain; I get off on it, which in the end leaves me with the hardest decision of my life—one that might get us all killed…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


GET OFF ON THE PAIN is the first book in the Pain series.  They should each stand on their own, but I always recommend reading series in full and in the order of release.



I love the names – Memphis and Lyric.  They belong together just for their names!



Memphis is both an alpha and a lost soul, a combination I find irresistible.  Lyric is equally strong, strong enough to make him face his demons WITH her.  I loved her sass.




The story is sexy, thought provoking, and emotional.  It brings out all of the emotions.  This is a perfect example of what a contemporary romance should be.



Note:  while I was given this book as a gifted ARC, my opinions are my own and are given freely.



Pain series:

1.      Get Off on the Pain

2.      Something for the Pain

Also from Victoria Ashley:

·         Alpha Addiction

·         Borrowed

·         Sex Material

·         Strung

·         This Regret

·         Thrust

·         Wake Up Call

·         Wreck My World

Alphachat.com Series:

1.      Pay for Play

2.      Two Can Play

Club Reckless Series:

1.      Hard & Reckless

Locke Brothers Series:

1.      Damaged Locke

2.      Savage Locke

3.      Twisted Locke

Savage & Ink Series:

1.      Royal Savage

2.      Beautiful Savage

Walk of Shame Series:

1.      Slade

2.      Hemy

3.      Cale

4.      Stone

5.      Styx

6.      Kash


















No comments:

Post a Comment