Tuesday, January 22, 2019

CARRY MY HEART by J.S. Cooper


Title:  CARRY MY HEART

Series:  Is This Love #1

Author:  J.S. Cooper

Narrator:  Meghan Kelly

Length:  5 hours 13 minutes

Audible Release Date:  12.12.2018

Publisher:  J.S. Cooper

Publish Date:   04.26.2018

Category /Genre:  Contemporary Romance

Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content

Listenability:  OK  or  NSFW

Received from:  Meghan Kelly (as an Audible gifted copy)

Goodreads link: Carry My Heart

Date completed: 01.15.2019



Description from the publisher:

Jacob Phillips was my first best friend.
I was his first love.
We shared our first kiss together.
He broke my heart.


Sage Weston and Jacob Phillips met as children at Little Kitty Orphanage.  They had the type of friendship that could weather any storm and they vowed that they would always be there for each other.  And then Jacob was adopted, and everything changed.  At first, the letters were fast and furious but then they stopped and Sage was left all alone.

Four years later, Sage and Jacob bump into each other at a university party.  Sparks fly, daggers are drawn and Sage wants nothing to do with Jacob or the bevvy of women that seem to follow him everywhere he goes.  Then Sage loses a bet, and she can no longer avoid Jacob.  Though she does everything she can to let him know that they are no longer friends.

But Jacob has plans, and is determined for Sage to know the truth about what happened four years ago, even if it costs him everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


CARRY MY HEART is the first book in the Is This Love? series.  I don’t know yet if they will need to be read in the order of release, but this one is complete with no cliffhanger.



The storyline is a great idea, but poorly executed. 



The prologue is a great hook, but I’m not sure where it fits into the story.  Therefore, in the end, I don’t know if they are together happily ever after, or she never wants to see him again.



The “angst” was so drawn out that I wanted to skip sections just to get to the next part that might give me some new information.



The ending twist was disappointing.  It was a surprise (no doubt), but if he thought that would make her hate him, how well does he really know her?



The dialogue alternated between juvenile and geriatric – “No way, Jose!”  “…, my dear.”  Though only two examples, neither of these are used by 20-somethings in my experience.



That is the ugly of it.  Still, I did enjoy listening to this story and hung in just to find out the reason for Jacob to drop out of Sage’s life so quickly after promising always to be there for her.



Narration:  I loved Meghan Kelly’s reading of this story.  She did a wonderful job of giving each of the main characters unique voices.  This is one of those instances where the narration was better than the story.



Note:  While I received this book as a gifted audiobook copy from the narrator, my opinions are my own and are given freely.



Is This Love? series:

1.      Carry My Heart

2.      Remember Me at Midnight

Also from J.S. Cooper:

·         The Ex Games (released in 3 parts)

·         After the Ex Games (The Ex Games #4)

·         Anywhere You Go

·         Domination

·         East of Nowhere

·         The End of Me

·         Forbidden Nights in Paris

·         Heartbreaker

·         Heat of Desire

·         Hot Prof

·         I’d Do Anything

·         If I Knew

·         In Bed with the Tycoon

·         Love Fever

·         The Love Trials (released in 3 parts)

·         Mr. Right

·         The Playboy

·         The Promise of Tomorrow

·         The Rebel Next Door

·         Rex

·         Say You Love Me

·         That Guy

·         That Hamilton Boy

·         This Man of Mine

·         Thoughts of You

·         To Date a Cowboy

·         To You, from Me

·         The True Diary of that Girl

·         Tycoon

·         Twisted Love

Everlasting Sin series:

1.      Everlasting Sin

2.      Redemption

Finding My Prince Charming series:

1.      Finding My Prince Charming

2.      Taming My Prince Charming

3.      Keeping My Prince Charming

Forever Love series:

1.      The Last Boyfriend

2.      The Last Husband

2.5 Before Lucky

3.      The Other Side of Love

3.5 Zane & Lucky’s First Christmas

4.      Guarding His Heart

Four Week Fiancé series:

0.5 My Fake Fiancé

1.      Four Week Fiancé

2.      Four Week Fiancé 2

The Hookup series:

1.      The Hookup

2.      The Takedown

Martelli Brothers series:

1.      Crazy Beautiful Love

1.5  Crazy Beautiful Christmas

2.      If Only Once

3.      The Only Way

The One series:

1.      I Think He’s the One

2.      I Know She’s the One

One Night Stand series:

0.5  That Night

1.      One Night Stand

1.5 That Night with My Best Friend’s Brother

2.      Falling for My Best Friend’s Brother

2.5 That Night with My Boss

3.      Falling for My Boss

3.5 Seducing My Assistant

3.7 That Night with the Billionaire

4.      Falling for the Billionaire

Private Club series:

1.      Three Days

2.      Two Days

3.      One Day

Rhett series:

1.      Rhett

2.      Rhett in Love

Scarred series:

1.      Scarred

2.      Healed

Swept Away series:

1.      Illusion

1.5  Charade

2.      Disillusioned

2.5  Masquerade

3.      Resolution

Twisted Love series:

1.      Twisted Desire

You series:

1.      Watching Over You

2.      Making You Mine

 














No comments:

Post a Comment