Wednesday, July 25, 2018

HOMEWRECKER by Cat Mason and Katheryn Kiden



Title:  HOMEWRECKER
Series:  Into the Flames #1
Author:  Cat Mason and Katheryn Kiden
Publisher:  Fidem Publishing
Publish Date:   05.27.2015
Category /Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content
Grammar/editing:  book received as an unedited ARC / errors excused
Received from:  Cat Mason (as an ARC gifted copy)
Goodreads link: Homewrecker
Date completed: 07.09.2018

Description from the publisher:
My name is Kennedy Brooks and you're not going to like me.  Chances are you may even hate me, and that's okay, there are times I do too.
I had choices; we all do.  The ones that I made changed everything.
Before I knew it, the lines of right and wrong began to blur and I was consumed so deeply that I couldn't see a way out even if I wanted to.
The path I chose is not for the faint of heart, it isn't always sweet, but it's real.
What happens when all the things you have always wanted suddenly aren't all you want anymore?  What do you do when the forbidden screams your name and both parts of your life become as vital as the air you breathe?
You make a choice.
This is my story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HOMEWRECKER is the first book in the Into the Flames series.  This is a stand-alone contemporary romance.  It was released in 2015 and there hasn’t been a second book. 

From the beginning, Kennedy says you may not like her.  You may hate her.  She’s right!  She cheated on her husband, repeatedly!  Her husband, Gunnar’s best friend, Dixon claims he has loved her since they were just kids, but never spoke up before.

Still, this story isn’t simply about cheating and choosing.  If you think you know what this story is

about, you’re wrong.  Bring an open mind, a box of tissues, and a spare pair of panties (or two).

I’ll show my age a bit and tell you that I started humming the Mary Macgregor song “Torn Between Two Lovers,” which was very popular when I was in junior high school.

To tell you the truth, I was mad at Kennedy through most of this book – until it finally clicked – she needed both of them.  Then I loved all three of them and started hoping they could figure out a way to make everyone happy.  Now, you know I won’t tell you the decision she made and who was satisfied and who was mad.  I encourage you to set aside your pre-judged ideas and give it a chance.  I wasn’t sorry.  Let me know what you think.

Note:  While I was given this book as a gifted ARC, my opinions are my own and are given freely.

Into the Flames Series (with Katheryn Kiden):
1.      Homewrecker
Also from Cat Mason:
·         Something Bad
Artistic Pricks Ink Series:
1.      Gravity
2.      Significance
3.      Solitude
Broken Roads Series:
1.      Without Regret
Grindstone Harbor Series:
1.      Closer to You
2.      Playing with Fire  (to be released 07.27.2018)
Kittery Serial:
1.      Unhinged
Shaft on Tour Series:
1.      Escaping Me
2.      Facing Me
3.      Chasing Me
4.      Shafting the Halls
5.      Fighting Me
6.      Punishing Me
Twisted Mayhem Series:
1.      Retaliation
2.      Instigation
3.      Demolition

Also from Katheryn Kiden:
·         A Beautiful Catastrophe
Against the Tides Series:
1.      Fall Out
2.      American Made
Rock Bottom Books Series:
1.      Hell Bent
Save Me Series:
1.      Where Words Fail
2.      Freeing Tuesday
3.      Hate Me Today
4.      Collaborate
5.      Sound Proof
Sinners & Saints Series:
1.      Sinner
2.      Saint
3.      Sinister













No comments:

Post a Comment