Tuesday, July 31, 2018

THE PRESIDENT IS MISSING by Bill Clinton, James Patterson


Title:  THE PRESIDENT IS MISSING
Series:  N/A
Author:  Bill Clinton, James Patterson
Publisher:  Little, Brown, and Co & Knopf
Publish Date:   06.04.2018
Category /Genre:  Political Suspense
Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content
Grammar/editing:  A – near perfect
Received from:  Amazon purchase
Goodreads link: The President is Missing
Date completed: 06.10.2018

Description from the publisher:
President Bill Clinton and bestselling novelist James Patterson have written a spellbinding thriller, The President is Missing.

As the novel opens, a threat looms. Enemies are planning an attack of unprecedented scale on America. Uncertainty and fear grip Washington. There are whispers of cyberterror and espionage and a traitor in the cabinet. The President himself becomes a suspect, and then goes missing...

Set in real time, over the course of three days, The President Is Missing is one of the most dramatic thrillers in decades. And it could all really happen. The President Is Missing is Bill Clinton and James Patterson's totally authentic and spellbinding thriller.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I devoured this book!  It is frightening in that it is something you know could happen.  It is entertaining, captivating, and intelligent.

Cyber-terrorism is the modern political boogeyman and has already happened.  This book asks to what grand scale could it be pushed and how far does public service extend for a politician?

My only complaint in the whole book came at the beginning.  I have been accused of having the memory of a field mouse when it comes to names, so the machine gun roll call of characters was hard on me.  I caught up as I got to know each of them as they became relevant to the story.  There are many characters and they are important to know.  My advice is to take your own pace in learning who is who.

For me, the most fun was knowing that I bought two copies of this book.  I gifted one to my MIL and now I get to spend some quality time with her talking about favorite parts and theories!  She may be approaching 100, but she has a sharp and analytical mind that is inspiring to me.












No comments:

Post a Comment