Friday, May 27, 2016

FORGET ME NOT by Sarah Daltry



Title:  FORGET ME NOT
Series:  Flowering #1
Author:  Sarah Daltry
Publish Date:   07.14.13
Publisher:  Smashwords
Category:  NA, Romance, Erotica
Recommended for:  18+, explicit sex
Grammar/editing:  A – near perfect
Received from:  Purchased on Amazon.com
Goodreads:  Forget Me Not
Date completed: 09.25.13

Description from the publisher:

Lily had a crush on her brother's best friend, Derek for years - which led to their steamy night ten months ago in her bedroom.  Now, Lily is going off to college and she and Derek are still going strong. However, when school starts, she realizes it's hard to maintain a relationship while also trying to live her own life.  She and Derek find themselves falling apart and Lily has no idea where to turn.

Enter Jack.  Everything about him is wrong for Lily and she knows it, but she can't stop herself from being attracted to him.  When things implode with Derek, it's Jack who is there to pick up the pieces - and show Lily an entirely new set of experiences she didn't know she was missing.

Of course, Jack has his own problems and once Lily gets to know him better, she starts to wonder if she can handle all of Jack.  When Derek reappears on the scene, Lily is forced to decide between two guys and herself.  Can she find herself without losing the people who matter in the process?

Note: This is a work intended for readers 18+ as it features explicit sex between people in college. See where it began in the short story, "Her Brother's Best Friend."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lily’s first few weeks of college are emotionally draining.  She is missing her boyfriend who goes to another college.  Her insecurities and jealousies are pushing him away.  Then she meets Jack.  Jack is rude, crude, and socially unacceptable, but he’s there to lean on when she’s depressed and confused about her relationship.  She needs to decide if she will fight for Derek and the relationship she has dreamed of her entire life or take a chance with a broken soul.

Half way through reading this, I posted on Facebook that I wanted to bitch slap Lily.  At the end, I cried.  It took me a while to figure out why.  I realized this book mirrors my own first semester of college.  I was engaged when I arrived, but soon met another guy. I chose the new guy.   My parents did not approve of Wade.  It would have been worse, if Wade had been more like Jack!  Of course, I have the last laugh, since we’ve been married almost 30 years.

This is the second book I have read from Ms. Daltry.  The first was Bitter Fruits.  I have been hearing about this book for a couple of months, and I’m glad I finally read it.  Ms. Daltry does a wonderful job of putting you in the mind of a college girl, both in this book and in Bitter Fruits.  All of life is bigger, more confusing, and more dramatic when you are a new adult spreading your wings for the first time. 

The next book in this series is LILY OF THE VALLEY and is this story from Jack’s point of view.   I will be reading and reviewing this very soon.  In the two books I have read from Ms. Daltry, I’ve enjoyed her ability to portray the personality of the young college girl.  I’m looking forward to reading her depiction of a young man.

The Flowering series:
  1. Forget Me Not
  2. Lily of the Valley
Novellas from Sarah Daltry:
  • The Quiver of a Kiss (The Seduction of Helen of Troy)
  • Love on Call (More than a Job #1)
  • Market Penetration (More than a Job #2)
  • Tangible Assets (More than a Job #3)
Short Story Collections from Sarah Daltry:
  • Summer 2013 Erotic Romance Collection
  • First Timers, Volume 1
  • First Timers, Volume 2
  • Smells Like Team Spirit
Short Stories from Sarah Daltry:
  • Touch of Venus
  • Into the Woods
  • Anniversary Surprise
  • Library Services

 







 







originally posted 09.25.2013 on my previous website
WordPress.com closed that site because I promoted authors and their books




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment