Tuesday, October 12, 2021

SECRETS OF THE SPECTER by Molly Fitz and L.A. Boruff


Title:
  SECRETS OF THE SPECTER
Series:  Meowing Medium #1
Author:  Molly Fitz and L.A. Boruff
Publisher:  Whiskered Mysteries
Publish Date:   10.12.2021
Category /Genre:  Paranormal Cozy Mystery
Recommended for:  14+
Grammar/editing:  received as an unedited ARC / errors excused
Received from:  Molly Fitz
Goodreads link: Secrets of the Specter
Date completed: 10.10.2021
 
Description from the publisher:
I’m Mags McAllister, and I am an honest-to-goodness modern-day candlestick maker. I work in my family’s shop in the historic district of Larkhaven, Georgia, and also make a pretty penny from sharing videos of my process online. My life is simple, quiet, and all mine… until a white cat with mismatched eyes shows up outside my shop and refuses to leave. When I take him home, things get really weird. As in, I can now see things and people that were never there before. It gets even freakier when a voiceless spirit introduces herself to me via a handwritten letter. This specter claims that I share her name and will also share her fate if we can’t solve the mystery that’s haunted our town since 1781… and quickly, because she won’t be able to maintain her strength for much longer. Talk about a cold case!
 
Can I actually find a way to free my eighteenth-century counterpart? Or has my new feline companion just signed my death warrant by opening my eyes to the secret supernatural plane in our otherwise sleepy small town?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SECRETS OF THE SPECTER is the first book in the Meowing Medium series.  Though each cozy mystery will stand on its own, these books will be best enjoyed in the order of release.
 
Great first story in a new series from a pair of my favorite authors.  Though from the stories I know each of them for doing previously, I would have never guessed they even knew each other.  Their work is seamless.  I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the series and I hope there are many, many books in the years to come.
 
This cat may not talk, but he gets his point across, and he steals every scene he is in.  His mismatched eyes are not the only unique aspect of his character.  I don’t want to say more because that would spoil your discovery of the story.  Just know that I love him.
 
Did I solve “who” before it was revealed?  Yes.  Did I know “why?”  Not exactly and it was a well thought out twist.
 
Note:  While I received this book as a gifted ARC via Booksprout, my opinions are my own and are given freely.
 
Meowing Medium Series:
1.      Secrets of the Specter
2.      Gifts of the Ghost (releases 01.19.2022)
3.      Pleas of the Poltergeist (releases 2022)
 
Also from Molly Fritz:
·         The Killer at Cat Castle (Kindle Vella)
Claw & Order Series:
1.      Paws and Probable Cause 
2.      Purebreds & Purrjury
3.      Pets & Parolees
Merlin and Her Magical Fluff Series:
1.      Merlin the Magical Fluff  
2.      Merlin Fights a Ghost 
3.      Merlin Kills a Zombie
Paint-Slinging Sleuth Series:
1.      My Colorful Conundrum 
Paranormal Temp Agency Series:
1.      Witch for Hire
2.      Psychic for Hire  
3.      Vampire for Hire
Pet Whisperer, P.I. Series:
1.      Kitty Confidential
2.      Terrier Transgressions
3.      Hairless Harassment
4.      Dog-Eared Delinquent
5.      The Cat Caper
6.      Chihuahua Conspiracy
7.      Raccoon Racketeer
8.      Himalayan Hazard 
8.5  Meowy Christmas Mayhem
9.      Hoppy Holiday Homicide 
10.  Retriever Ransom
11.  Lawless Litter
12.  Legal Seagull
12.5  Black Cat Benefit (Black Cat Crossing Anthology)
13.  Scheming Sphynx
14.  Deer Duplicity
15.  Persian Penalty
16.  Grizzly Grievance
 
Also from L.A. Boruff:
·         Literary Yours (Southern Soil #1)
Academy’s Rise Series (with Lia Davis):
1.      Hell Fire
2.      Dark Water
3.      Dead Air
Demons and Demigods Series (with J.L. Burns):
1.      The Devil’s Delight  
2.      Chaotic Creations (releases 01.05.2022)
3.      Divine Deviations (releases 03.31.2022)
Fanged After Forty Series (with Lia Davis):
1.      Bitten in Midlife 
2.      Staked in the Midlife 
An Immortal Midlife Series:
1.      Fatal Forty
2.      Fighting Forty 
3.      Finishing Forty
Immortal Quest Series (with J.L. Burns):
1.      Realm or Ruin (releases 10.20.2021)
2.      Echoes of Ancients (releases 11.03.2021)
3.      Heart and Shadow (releases 11.17.2021)
Lucifer’s War Series (with Lia Davis) :
1.      Devil’s Consort
2.      Devil’s Assassin
Mystic Hollow Series (with Helen Scott and Lacey Carter Andersen):
0.5 Cookies and Cover Ups (Girdles and Ghouls Anthology)
1.      Karma’s Spell 
2.      Karma’s Shift  
3.      Karma’s Spirit
4.      Karma’s Stake (releases 12.29.2021)
Prime Time of Life Series:
1.      Borrowed Time
2.      Stolen Time 
3.      Just in Time  
4.      Hidden Time (releases 12.29.2021)
5.      Nick of Time (releases 02.23.2022)
Shifting into Midlife Series (with Lia Davis):
1.      Pack Bunco Night (releases 11.30.2021)
The Tales of Clan Robbins Series:
1.      Outlaw of Ladies
2.      Princess of Thieves
3.      Alpha of Exiles
An Unseen Midlife Series:
1.      Bloom in Blood
2.      Dance in the Night (formerly War of Fire)
3.      Bask in Magic (releases 10.20.2021)
Witching After Forty Series (with Lia Davis):
4.      A Ghoulish Midlife
1.1 Cookies for Satan
1.2 I’m with Cupid
5.      A Cursed Midlife
2.1 Birthday Blunder
2.7 A Girlfriend for Mr. Snoozerton
6.      A Haunting Midlife  
7.      An Animated Midlife  
4.5 Old Magic and Odd Mothers (Girdles and Ghouls Anthology)
8.      A Killer Midlife (releases 10.27.2021)
 




BUY LINKS
AMAZON-US
APPLEBOOKS
BARNES&NOBLE
BOOKBUB
GOOGLEPLAY
KOBO
 



No comments:

Post a Comment