Wednesday, April 27, 2016

HAUNTED MOON by K.B. Miller



Title:  HAUNTED MOON
Series:  Moon Coven #1
Author:  K. B. Miller
Publish Date:   03.27.12
Publisher:  BKC Publishing
Category:  Teen & YA; Fantasy; Paranormal
Recommended for:  11 + (witchcraft, vampires)
Received from:  free on Amazon.com
Date completed: 08.04.13

Description from the publisher:
Before Lilyann stepped into her destiny to lead the coven, there was another powerful Moon witch...her grandmother.

A teenage witch-to-be in Galway, Ireland, Leeny Moon was prepared to take her rightful place in the circle along side of her family.  That was until she witnessed firsthand the forthcoming nightmares she would be expected to face, vampires.

The fight between good versus evil begins here...

Blessed Be~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I read this book in one afternoon and loved it.  When I got to the last word, I screamed, “NOOOOO!”  My husband chuckled and said, “You know it’s a good book when…..”  His pithy remark does not mitigate my need to know what happens next!  Luckily, this is the Prequel and I can now add the next four books to my wish list on Amazon (also known, in my house, as the “Bribe Mom List.”)

Aileen (Leeny) Moon is finally old enough to begin training as a witch.  On her first night out with her mother to begin that training, they encounter a vampire.  After watching her mother stake the vampire, Leeny has doubts that she can follow in her mother’s footsteps.  This causes turmoil between herself and her sister, because the sister, Colleen (Colly), wants desperately to be old enough to begin her own training.

This book is very well written.  I was completely sucked-in to the zone, so much so that I didn’t hear a word of the Shark Week shows that hubby was watching while I was reading.  I truly look forward to reading more of this series and more from this author.

Editing / Grammar: A – I noticed two errors

Moon Coven series:
  1. Haunted Moon
  2. Compulsion
  3. Harvest Moon
  4. Conversion (not yet released)
  5. Blood Moon (not yet released)
Other Books from K.B. Miller:
  • Uh-oh… We Turned Our Brother into a Zombie
  • Enchantment
  • Beary Tales
  • Ghostly Encounters
  • Ghosts from my Past
  • Supernatural Society Series:
    • Supernatural Society 1
    • (not yet named)
·         Once Upon A Zombie Apocalypse Series:
o    Novellas 1 – 5 (w/ Jennifer Malone Wright)
·         The Seraphim Trilogy Series:
o    Trinity’s Quest
o    .
o    .
·         Crossroads Prep School Series:
o    Hecate’s Awakening
o    .


















originally posted 08.04.2013 on my previous website
WordPress.com closed that site because I promoted authors and their books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment