Thursday, January 29, 2015

REAL VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE by Amy Fecteau



Title:  Real Vampires Don’t Sparkle
Author:  Amy Fecteau
Publisher:  Curiosity Quills Press
Category:  Sci Fi & Fantasy, Teens & YA
Received from:  Curiosity Quills Press via netgalley.com

Description:
Matheus Taylor didn’t ask to be murdered.

To be fair, the percentage of people actually asking to be murdered is probably small enough to be safely ignored, but he felt it was worth stating regardless.
His life might have been ordinary, but it was his life and he wasn’t done with it yet. Quin didn’t care. A seventeen-hundred old Roman, Quintus Livius Saturnius had a different view of morality than most people. Killing Matheus and hijacking his undead existence seemed perfectly acceptable to him.

Now, Matheus spends his nights running for his life, questioning his sexual orientation, and defying a mysterious new threat to the vampires within his city. Not that he set out to do any defying; he just wanted to be left alone.

Unfortunately, that was never going to happen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was one of those of those books that when I got to the end, I started looking around to see if I had misplaced the rest of the pages.  We’re ready Ms. Fecteau – looking forward to reading Part II!

I am absolutely in love with this mad pair of vampires.  Their friends and frienemies are all fabulous, flawed, and REAL.  The sarcastic and cutting wit from all of the characters had me laughing out loud over and over again.  I think I even heard my husband mutter something about needing a rubber room for me.  As long as I have my Kindle and more books like this one, I say “bring it on!”

The editing errors are NUMEROUS.  There are many missing words and many doubled over words.  It was as if the author started to write one thing and decided on a different word to use.  Then instead of deleting the first word, she just added the new one.

Real Vampires Series: 

  1. Real Vampires Don't Sparkle
  2. Real Vampires Do It in the Dark







AMAZON-US









originally posted 06.21.13 on my previous website
WordPress.com closed that site because I promoted authors and their books. 

1 comment:

  1. It does sound like an interesting read! Pity for the poor editing, but as long as it's understandable I hope I can manage. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete