Monday, November 1, 2021

THE GRUMP WHO STOLE CHRISTMAS by

Title:  THE GRUMP WHO STOLE CHRISTMAS
Series:  Kringle Family Christmas #1
Author:  S. Doyle
Publisher:  S. Doyle
Publish Date:   11.01.2021
Category /Genre:  Holiday Romance, Comedy
Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content
Grammar/editing:  received as an unedited ARC / errors excused
Received from:  Valentine PR
Goodreads link: The Grump Who Stole Christmas
Date completed: 10.28.2021
 
Description from the publisher:
Home for the holidays
 
That should be a good thing, right? Eggnog and Christmas carols. Mistletoe and family. Except my dad broke his leg hanging the family wreath. My brothers are at war over taking proper care of Dad. Oh, and I just found out our family business, the Kringle Inn, is failing!
 
The last thing I need is this mysterious new guy, who runs the Kringle tree farm, interfering. He’s big, bearded and grumpy. He wears a lot of flannel and he does NOT like taking orders. Especially from me. We can’t agree on anything other than saving the business.
 
Even if we have to kill each other doing it.  
Or kiss each other doing it… 
Because I think I might be falling for the guy. 
My name is Kristen, don’t call me Kris, Kringle and this is a Christmas Romance Emergency!
I’m going to need some hot cocoa STAT!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE GRUMP WHO STOLE CHRISTMAS is the first book in the multi-author Kringle Family Christmas series.  Each is a stand-alone, intertwined, holiday romance.
 
Kristen and Paul are the embodiment of “opposites attract” at least to someone looking in from the outside and only seeing the superficial.  In truth, they are more alike than either will admit.  They just are at different points on their life path… Points that just may match up to be a perfect whole for them.  I liked the way they playfully fought one another (just why did a macho guy want a “Boss Lady” mug anyway?).  it reminded me of boys teasing the girls they like on the playground.
 
I love the way that the family and the community seem to be coming together for the good of the family business and their father.  This has all of the best elements of any Christmas story.  It feels good.  It has a problem that can be solved by teamwork and setting aside differences.  There is romance, fun, food, and family.  This is why I will read a holiday romance story at any time of the year.
 
The only thing negative I can say is that I found out that these three authors corroborated last year for a three-part Christmas series and I don’t have those books!
 
Note: While I received this book as a gifted ARC, my opinions are my own and are given freely.
 
Kringle Family Christmas Series:
1.      The Grump Who Stole Christmas (S. Doyle)
2.      Very Merry Married (Molly O’Keefe)
3.      Jingle Bell Beard (Julie Kriss)
 
Also from S. Doyle:
·         The Bodyguard (King Family #2)
·         Catching the Billionaire
·         Putting Out
·         Santa Baby Maybe (Kane Christmas #2)
·         The Spy Who Loved Me… Sort Of
My Secret Boyfriend Series:
1.      Don’t Love Me
2.      Don’t Hate Me
3.      Don’t Leave Me
Mostly My Boss Series:
1.      Mostly My Boss
2.      Mostly My Girlfriend
Haddonfield High Series:
1.      Enemies to Prom Dates
2.      A Scandal in Homeroom
The Bride Series:
1.      The Bride
2.      The Wife
3.      The Lover
4.      The Baby
5.      The Homecoming
Just Call Me Jane Series:
1.      Dating the Superhero
2.      My Crazy Ex-Superhero
Alaska Dating Games Series:
1.      Eli:  Alaska Hot
2.      Jackson:  Alaska Hot
3.      Noah: Alaska Hot
4.      Caleb: Alaska Hot
5.      Zeke:  Alaska Ice
 






AMAZON-US

 


No comments:

Post a Comment