Sunday, November 7, 2021

MY FAKE CHRISTMAS FIANCE by Julie Kriss

Title:  MY FAKE CHRISTMAS FIANCE
Series:  Kane Christmas #1
Author:  Julie Kriss
Publisher:  Julie Kriss
Publish Date: 10.22.2021
Category /Genre:  Holiday Romance, Comedy
Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content
Grammar/editing:  A – near perfect
Received from:  Amazon purchase
Goodreads:  My Fake Christmas Fiancé
Completed:  11.07.2021
 
Description from the publisher:
Dear Wesley Kane,

We are not getting married. I know we had to get engaged as part of our companies’ merger plans, but a fake engagement is all I’ll agree to. For business purposes. We are never, ever getting married.

We have nothing in common. I’m the nerdy do-gooder girl with glasses and you’re the playboy with a new woman on his arm every week. I’m not your type, and you’re not mine.

Okay, so you’re incredibly gorgeous. And funny. And you keep giving me That Look. And you’ve ditched all your other girlfriends for me. And I’ve seen you in nothing but your boxer shorts, and I’m still thinking about it. Because…wow.

We have to be married by midnight Christmas Eve, and the deadline is getting closer. It doesn’t matter if you might be my dream guy. It doesn’t matter if I’m falling for you—it’s just a business deal.

We are never, ever—

Oh God, I just kissed you again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MY FAKE FIANCE is the first book in the Kane Christmas multi-author series.  Each story in the series is happening in the same overlapping time, so they can be read in any order.
 
I understand Penny. In so many ways she is me! Nervous, people-pleaser, she is so strong, but tries to hide her own wants and needs if she believes they will contradict another's.

Wes is also people-pleasing. A gentleman on a mission to please his family, his workers, but most importantly to always give Penny what SHE wants and needs.

I loved this fake fiancé romance. The true legality of such a clause being in a merger is far-fetched. Also, it bothered me that Kane Co was the underdog in this merger, but they got some very large concessions as part of the deal. ...including keeping their CEO. My recommendation is to suspend that part of your logical mind and just embrace the warm, fuzzy holiday romance.
 
Kane Christmas Series:
1. My Fake Christmas Fiancé (Julie Kriss)
2. Santa Baby Maybe (S. Doyle)
3. How My Brother’s Best Friend Stole Christmas (Molly O’Keefe)
 
Also from Julie Kriss:

  • The Bastard (King Family #3)
  • Heartbreaker (Cocky Hero #47)
  • Jingle Bell Beard (Kringle Family Christmas #3)
Bad Billionaire Series:
1.      Bad Billionaire
2.     Dirty Sweet Wild
3.     Rich Dirty Dangerous
4.    Back in Black
Eden Hills Series:
1.      How to Date Your Brother’s Best Friend
2.     How to Date a Guy You Hate
Filthy Rich Series:
1.      Filthy Rich
2.     Sexy As Sin
3.     Dirty Talk
4.    Wicked Dangerous
5.     Cold Dark Heart
Forbidden Series:
1.      Forbidden
2.     The Player
Mason Brothers Series:
1.      Spite Club
2.     Crashed
Riggs Brothers Series:
1.      Drive Me Wild
2.     Take Me Down
3.     Work Me Up
4.    Make Me Beg
 







No comments:

Post a Comment