Thursday, January 4, 2018

MURDER ON THE SUGARLAND EXPRESS by Angie Fox




Title:  MURDER ON THE SUGARLAND EXPRESS
Series:  Southern Ghost Hunter #6
Author:  Angie Fox
Publish Date:   11.25.2017
Publisher:  Moose Island Books
Category /Genre:  Paranormal Cozy Mystery
Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content
Grammar/editing:  A – near perfect
Received from:  Moose Island Books (via NetGalley as an ARC gifted copy)
Date completed: 12.30.2017

Description from the publisher:
Verity Long is overdue for a little R&R (rest and romance) with her boyfriend Ellis, and a vintage train trip through the Tennessee mountains seems like just the ticket. The Sugarland Express carries history and nostalgia in every compartment, and Verity is determined to enjoy it—without ghostly interference. But the ghosts have other plans…

On a dark, desolate night nearly a century ago, the train was stranded in the mountains and a young woman was found stabbed to death in her locked compartment. The murder was never solved, and a ghostly Belgian detective is still pursuing the case from the grave.

To Verity’s dismay, all of the ghostly suspects are back. And when history repeats itself and a new murder mirrors the old, it’s up to Verity and her friends to discover which of the passengers—dead or alive—could be behind the murders before the killer strikes again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


MURDER ON THE SUGARLAND EXPRESS is the ninth offering / sixth full length story in the Southern Ghost Hunter series.  There is no need to have read the previous books to understand the characters of this story.  In fact, I have only read the first book in this series and now I’m wishing I had the others!

It has been almost three years – (OMG! Really? Wow!!)  – Since I read the first book in this series and I must admit it has stuck with me through all of this time.

I could not put this book down.  Two mysteries to solve – one on the train and one on the ghost realm of the train – make for twice as much story to love.

Verity and Ellis are a power couple solving crimes in real time and for the ghosts so that everyone can rest more easily, or in peace, as the case may be.  I’m still in love with them, Frankie, and Lucy, but now we can add Molly and many others to my heart of characters that I will claim.  I’ll even claim Beau and the ex-to-be/maybe-to-be mother-in-law, Virginia.

I held my breath.  I laughed – a lot!  I couldn’t put it down…. And I am hoping there will be more adventures in the future.



Note:  while I was given this book as a gifted ARC, my opinions are my own and are given freely.

The Southern Ghost Hunter series:
1.         Southern Spirits
1.5      A Ghostly Gift
2.         The Skeleton in the Closet
2.5      Ghost of a Chance
3.         The Haunted Heist
4.         Deader Homes and Gardens
4.5      Dog Gone Ghost
5.         Sweet Tea and Spirits
6.         Murder on the Sugarland Express
Also from Angie Fox:
·         A Little Night of Magic
·         Love Bites
Demon Slayer Series:
1.      The Accidental Demon Slayer
2.      The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers
3.      A Tale of Two Demon Slayers
4.      Last of the Demon Slayers
4.5  I Brake for Biker Witches
5.      My Big Fat Demon Slayer Wedding
5.5  The Tenth Dark Lord a’ Leaping
6.      Beverly Hills Demon Slayer
6.5  Some Like it Hexed
6.9  Gentlemen Prefer Voodoo
7        Night of the Living Demon Slayer
8        Date with a Demon Slayer
Monster M*A*S*H Series:
1.      Immortally Yours
2.      Immortally Embraced
3.      Immortally Ever After


 
















No comments:

Post a Comment