Friday, December 4, 2015

INCUMBENT by Joanne Schwehm


Title:  INCUMBENT

Series:  Prescott #1

Author:  Joanne Schwehm

Publish Date:   11.03.15

Publisher:  Joanne Schwehm

Category /Genre:  Contemporary Romance

Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content

Received from:  Joanne Schwehm (as a gift)

Date completed: 12.04.15

Goodreads link: Incumbent

Description from the publisher:

Secrets and lies have been the foundation of Lucy Washburn’s life. We’re taught to learn from our past, and she’s definitely learned from hers. Now that she knows what not to do and whom not to trust, her life is finally coming together, just as she hoped.

Until she meets him.

Drake Prescott was that kid; you know the type. Both an athlete and a scholar, he was determined to achieve his goals and dreams, the most important being elected president of the United States. There isn’t anything he desires more than to hear “Hail to the Chief” played in his honor. Now an incumbent U.S. senator seeking reelection and paving his road to the White House, he’s living his dreams.

Until he meets her.

***INCUMBENT IS A STANDALONE NOVEL INTENDED FOR READERS 18+ **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the first in the Prescott series.  They will each stand alone, but I still encourage readers to always read the series in the order released.

Lucy and Drake are the kinds of people I would want to be my friends – honest, sweet, loving, loyal, strong, and forgiving.  I especially loved that when things got tough, Lucy didn’t run.  Instead, she gave Drake space to think things through and make his own decisions.  To my way of thinking, that was a show of incredible emotional strength and maturity.  Something that is usually lacking in books with younger protagonists.

When I divorced, one of the things that I said when asked, “why” was that loving someone means their happiness is more important than your own, even if giving them that happiness destroys your dreams.  Both Lucy and Drake displayed that type of love, but communicating with one another allowed them to find a new dream, together.  That is more than love.  That is commitment.

Joanne Schwehm is one of my favorite authors and Drake is now my second favorite of her characters.  (Sorry, Ryker will always belong to me.)  As always, when it comes to her stories, I found myself reading instead of sleeping.  It was totally worth it!

I can’t wait to read the stories yet to come in this series.  I am completely in love with all of the Prescott siblings and Lucy’s best friend, Mason.

Grammar/editing:  ungraded – book received as an unedited ARC / errors excused

The Prescott Series:
  1. Incumbent
  2. Gripped (coming soon)

Books from Joanne Schwehm:
  • Ryker
  • The Critic

Chance Series:
  1. Unexpected Chance
  2. My Chance
  3. A Heart’s Forgiveness















 







No comments:

Post a Comment