Wednesday, November 14, 2018

THE BASTARD by Lisa Renee Jones




Title:  THE BASTARD
Series:  Filthy Duet #1, Dirty Rich #6
Author:  Lisa Renee Jones
Publisher:  Julie Patra Publishing
Publish Date:   11.14.2018
Category /Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content
Grammar/editing:  book received as an unedited ARC / errors excused
Received from:  Lisa Renee Jones (as an ARC gifted copy)
Goodreads link: The Bastard
Date completed: 11.14.2018

Description from the publisher:
I'm the bastard child, son to the mistress, my father's backup heir to the Kingston empire.  He sent me to Harvard.  I left and became a Navy SEAL, but I'm back now, and I finished school on my own dime.  I'm now the right hand man to Grayson Bennett, the billionaire who runs the Bennett Empire.  I'm now a few months from being a billionaire myself.  I don't need my father's company or his love.  My "brother" can have it.  I will never go back there.  I will never be the mistake my father made, the way he was the mistake my mother made.

And then she walks in the door, the princess I'd once wanted more than I'd wanted my father's love.  She wants me to come back.  She says my father needs to be saved.  I don't want to save my father but I do want her.  Deeply.  Passionately.  More than I want anything else.

But she's The Princess and I'm The Bastard.  We don't fit.  We don't belong together and yet she says he needs me, that she needs me.  We're like sugar and spice, we don't mix, but I really crave a taste.  Just one.  What harm can just one taste do?

***The Bastard was originally titled Dirty Rich Bastard, but when I decided Eric needed two books to tell his story, I wanted to make sure it was clear these two books could be read independently of the Dirty Rich series.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE BASTARD is the first book in the Filthy Duet.  They will need to be read in the order of release.  THE BASTARD was originally meant to be the sixth book in the Dirty Rich series and IMHO, though you don’t need to know that series to understand the happenings in this one, there is a lot of interaction of characters.

The story is perfection.  How they met, how they matured apart, and how they have returned to one another.  I love the seeds of doubt and attempts at communication.  Life isn’t perfect and neither are they, but they are both willing to work at it.  They make mistakes, they apologize, they stumble, they screw up, and then they apologize again.  That is the kind of relationship I aspire to having.

I want them to work out so badly.  Their steam is melting my kindle.  They deserve a happy conclusion and the “Kingston Trio” deserves whatever befalls them!

I reminded myself before I started; Lisa Renee Jones always leaves a series in a cliffhanger, always.  I am still holding my breath.  I may hold it for the next two months!  Argh!  Still, it is a perfect cliffhanger and she has played the card well.

Note:  While I received this book as a gifted ARC, my opinions are my own and are given freely.

Filthy Duet
1.      The Bastard
2.      The Princess
Also from Lisa Renee Jones:
·         Amber Fire
·         Need You Now
·         A Perfect Lie (Coming soon)
·         Play with Me
·         Unwrapping Holly
Careless Whispers Series:
1.      Denial
2.      Demand
3.      Surrender
Dirty Money Series:
1.      Hard Rules
2.      Damage Control
3.      Bad Deeds
4.      End Game
Dirty Rich Series:
3.      Dirty Rich Obsession
4.      Dirty Rich Betrayal
6.      Dirty Rich One Night Stand, Two Years Later (releases 12.05.2018)
7.      Dirty Rich Obsession, All Mine (releases 01.02.2019)
Inside Out Series:
1.      If I Were You
2.      Being Me
3.      Revealing Us
a.       His Secrets
b.      Rebecca’s Lost Journals
c.       The Master Undone
d.      My Hunger
4.      No In Between
4.5  My Control
5.      I Belong to You
6.      All of Me
Lilah Love series:
1.      Murder Notes
2.      Murder Girl
3.      Love Me Dead (releases March 2019)
Poison Kisses serial:
1.      Part One
2.      Part Two
3.      Part Three
The Secret Life of Amy Bensen Series:
1.      Escaping Reality
3.      Forsaken
4.      Unbroken
Tall, Dark, & Deadly Series:
0.5 Secrets Exposed
1.      Hot Secrets
2.      Dangerous Secrets
2.5 One Dangerous Night
3.      Beneath the Secrets
Walker Security Series:
1.      Deep Under
2.      Pulled Under
3.      Falling Under
White Lies Series:
1.      Provocative
2.      Shameless


 











No comments:

Post a Comment