Tuesday, September 4, 2018

WRITTEN IN THE STARS by Noelle Fox


Title:  WRITTEN IN THE STARS
Series:  Northern Lights Romance #1
Author:  Noelle Fox
Publisher:  Noelle Fox
Publish Date:   07.01.2017
Category /Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content
Grammar/editing:  A – near perfect
Received from:  Noelle Fox (as a gifted copy)
Goodreads link: Written in the Stars
Date completed: 08.23.2018

Description from the publisher:
A Father's Dying Wish . . .

Miserable after the failure of her restaurant, chef Grace Cooper receives a deathbed letter from the father she thought was already dead, offering a free vacation at an Alaskan island resort. Grace jumps at the chance to escape, and learn about the father she knew. The Northern Lights Retreat offers everything—ocean, mountains, forest and isolation. Then she bumps into Connor Reed, a humiliating nightmare from her past. Connor has no idea why Grace hates him. But one look at the woman he’s carried in his heart for years convinces him not only that he needs to find out, but that his philosophy of living only for today has to change. As Grace’s brittle shell crumbles, Connor starts dreaming of his future, with her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WRITTEN IN THE STARS is the first book in the Northern Lights Romance series.  Though each centers on one couple, it will be best if you read them in the order of release.

Written in the Stars is full of wonderful surprises, sweet characters, and humor.  I loved the town and the people.  I would want to visit here repeatedly.  The street and shop names were so fanciful that I actually wanted to open my own shop.  Would you visit Capricorn Charms?  (I love to make my own jewelry.)

I loved that nothing was “easy.”  Grace had real emotions – anger, distrust, and hope – in degrees that I found to be believable.  I liked the communication that was encouraged between Grace, Connor, and her father.  Communication is the key that keeps any relationship moving on a smooth course.

The book is beautifully written.  There is a bit of action, sweet romance, and family drama that was touching and emotionally promising.  This is the first book that I have read from Noelle Fox.  I don’t want it to be my last.  I would love to find out about Grace’s sisters and her reaction to finding out she has them!

Note:  While I received this book as a gifted audiobook copy, my opinions are my own and are given freely.

Northern Lights series:
  1. Written in the Stars
  2. Guided by the Stars
  3. Shoot for the Stars
Also from Noelle Fox:
North Pole, Alaska Series:
  1. Blame It on Mistletoe
  2. If Only in My Dreams
  3. What Child Is This?
  4. The Christmas Spirits
  5. Sleigh Ride Together
  6. Dream by the Fire
  7. Catch Me If You Can
  8. Somebody Waits for You
  9. We’re Happy Tonight
  10. You Can Count on Me
  11. All the Way Home
  12. Five Gold Rings

 










Thank you [Authors XP] for introducing me to this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment