Wednesday, June 13, 2018

WEREWOLF IN THE TRENCHES by Becca Fanning


Title:  WEREWOLF IN THE TRENCHES 
Series:  N/A
Author:  Becca Fanning
Publish Date:   01.15.2015
Publisher:  Becca Fanning
Category /Genre:  Paranormal Romance, short story
Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content
Grammar/editing:  book received as an unedited ARC / errors excused
Received from:  Becca Fanning (as an ARC gifted copy)
Goodreads link: Werewolf in the Trenches
Date completed: 04.29.2015; 04.25.2018

Description from the publisher:
He pulled my knee over his shoulder. Exposed to the night air, he smelled my essence and pounced.

Mons, Belgium.
August 21, 1914

The Germans have been stationed across the canal, bombarding us with artillery and rifle fire. I thought the wounded soldiers I treated at the makeshift hospital was bad. I thought my brothers being deployed to other parts of the country was bad.

But I had no idea what bad was, and bad was coming. Fleeing through the chaotic streets of my city, I found sanctuary in the massive library building. But there is no real safety now in this Great War. Only brief respite, an oasis from the hell. And that's where I met Quentin, my wonderful British Expeditionary Force soldier. He saved my life, and I was eager to repay the debt, even if he was a monster out of the storybooks.

For adults only, contains graphic sexual content! Over 7,800 words of a confident BBW finding comfort in the arms of an alpha male werewolf!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WEREWOLF IN THE TRENCHES is a stand-alone paranormal, short-story romance set in Belgium during World War I.

I have to admit, I love any story that makes history more alive.  I had some great history teachers.  Ones who lived it.  Unfortunately, for me, history is dates and I don’t have a memory for that kind of recall.  That is why I am drawn to truly good historical romances – any era.  I want a reason to remember.  This one adds in the paranormal twist of a werewolf fighting to destroy the Third Reich.

Joan is a girl caught in the middle of a war zone, literally.  She isn’t a nurse, but she does what she can to help her neighbors as they try to stave off the invaders.  She hasn’t signed up with the resistance, but she instinctively does what she must to survive when the Army breaches the town borders.  Joan is strong of will.  Her mantra is, “I’m still alive” and as long as she is she keeps moving on to the next thing that needs to be done.  Not necessarily the easiest thing, but the one that matters the most to her, the one she feels is right.

I didn’t necessarily like Quentin.  He didn’t hurt Joan, but he also didn’t exactly love her.  I don’t want to give anything away, but the end didn’t allow me to feel like he cared as much as she did.

Yes, this story helped to make a little piece of history alive for me, and I enjoyed it.  I call that a bonus!  It would be fun to see what else Ms. Fanning could do with history.

Note:  while I was given this book as a gifted ARC, my opinions are my own and are given freely.

Also from Becca Fanning:
·         Battle Scarred
·         Bear Fallout
·         Bearly Christmas
·         Between Two Werewolves
·         The Honey Pot
·         Hunting for a Mate (4 parts)
·         Kiss of the Bear
·         Made Bear
·         Mounted in the Boardroom
·         Mounted in the Stable
·         The Pirate and the Alpha
·         Shared by the Werewolves
·         Taken the Babysitter
·         A Voice Like Honey
·         Werewolf in the Trenches
·         Werewolves at the Lake House
·         Werewolf Next Door
·         The Witch and the Werewolf
120 Proof Honey Series:
1.      Daxton
2.      Knox
3.      Amir
4.      Beck
5.      Slade
BBW and the Firemen Series:
1.      Brock
2.      Ivan
3.      Jason
4.      Craig
Bear Dating Agency Series:
1.      Dietrich
2.      Ben
3.      Kurt
4.      Hart
5.      Reinicke
Bear Fitness Series:
1.      Yoga Bear Ménage
2.      Between Two Bears
Bear Ranchers Series:
1.      Riding Bearback
2.      Saddled Bearback
3.      Dancing Bearback
4.      Spurred Bearback
5.      Bucking Bearback
Bear Sheriff Series:
1.      Blood Moon
2.      Fate’s Reaping (coming soon)
Bearly Saints Series:
1.      Matthew
2.      Mark
3.      Luke
4.      John
5.      Bartholomew
The Big Bear Easy series:
0.      Politics
1.      Brock
2.      Jules
3.      Jane
4.      Remy
5.      Phillipe
Big Paw Security Series:
1.      Bearly Tamed
2.      Bearly Protected
3.      Bearly Sheltered
4.      Bearly Mended
5.      Bearly Apart
6.      Bearly Together
FisherBears Series:
1.      Hook, Line, and Sinker
2.      Bear Anchor
3.      Leeward Bear
Grit and Growl Series:
1.      Road Bears
2.      Bear Patches
3.      Bear Leather
4.      Bear Chopper
5.      Bear Burnout
Grizzly Groomsmen Series:
1.      Adam
2.      Sam
3.      Winston
4.      Ian
5.      Joel
MC Bear Mates series:
1.      Mars
2.      Mundo
3.      Kiko
4.      Justiss & Graver
5.      Major
6.      Chris
7.      Spyder
8.      Jarvis
9.      Jayden
Rodeo Bears Series:
1.      Edward
2.      Owen
3.      Colby
4.      Jacob
5.      Holden
Secret Baby Bears Series:
1.      Alec
2.      Rock
3.      Jackson
4.      Clay
5.      Rust
Shifter Football League Series:
1.      Gabriel
2.      Kenny
3.      Dustin
Shifter Royal Dynasty Series:
0.      Dynasty
1.      Legacy
2.      Prophecy
3.      Destiny
Star Bears Series:
1.      Breakwater:  Leo
2.      Breakwater:  Rick
3.      Breakwater:  Custer
4.      Breakwater: Hyde
5.      Breakwater:  Dom
Taming the Rapper Series:
1.      Sandy Meets the Dragon
2.      Jetsetter
3.      In the Club


 







No longer available


No comments:

Post a Comment