Sunday, May 3, 2015

BARED TO YOU by Sylvia Day



Title:  BARED TO YOU
Series:  Crossfire, #1
Author:  Sylvia Day
Publish Date:   05.24.12
Publisher:  Berkley
Category /Genre:  Erotica, Psychological Thriller
Recommended for:  18+ due to sexual content
Received from:  A friend, as a birthday gift (Kindle edition)
Goodreads:  Bared to You
Date completed: 04.28.15

Description from the publisher:
THE NEW YORK TIMES AND #1 INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLER

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness... 

He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot.  I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life.  I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me.  I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew.  He had demons of his own.  And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private worlds...and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the first book in the Crossfire Series.  They do need to be read in order.

Thank you, Ivan.  He told me to pick a book from my Amazon wishlist and he was giving it to me for my birthday in January 2015.  It has sat in my TBR until now when I finally had some “me” time.

I recommended this book before I had read it.  'Twas the day before Christmas, and I was at a local department store.  As is my routine, I went to the book section to see if any of my favorite authors were on display.  It was very early in the morning and there was only one other shopper in the section.  He looked lost.  After a few minutes, I asked him for whom was he shopping.  He said his wife waited until the last minute to tell him that she wanted a book for Christmas.  I asked what she likes and his answer is "I don't know."  So, I try to change tact and ask him what the last book that she read was.  His answer made me giggle, when he said, "I suck."  Now, I need to tell ya'all I haven't read FSOG and I hadn't read the Crossfire series, but I was told that anyone who liked FSOG would like this one.  So, I suggested to him that he pick up the boxed set.  As he stood there looking at the rather generic cover he asked what kind of books they were.  Of course, I recognized that he was asking me what I had asked him in the beginning.  This time I blushed (yes, I really do blush), and whispered "erotica."  He lifted an eyebrow at me, questioningly.  So I suggested that HE would thank me if she read the books.  That's all it took and into the cart they went.

Since then, I have read all three of the FSOG books (on a dare) – and I hated them.  So, I was reluctant to read anything with the “if you liked FSOG, then…” tag.  On the other hand, I was told these ones were *better than,* so here I am.  I agree – this was much better than FSOG.  The relationship was the most important part of the relationship, not just his ego being stroked  - it was a real couple, not just him demanding and her doing.  I loved Gideon’s attention to all things about Eva. 

Just keep in mind it is fiction.  Most of us don’t live in a world of trust funds and billions of dollars.  The story does stand on its own and I haven’t made the decision as to whether I will continue reading the series.

Grammar/editing:  A – near perfect

The Crossfire Series:
  1. Bared To You
  2. Reflected in You
  3. Entwined with You
  4. Captivated by You
  5. One With You (coming soon)
Other Books from Sylvia Day:
  • Scandalous Liaisons
  • Pride and Pleasure
  • The Stranger I Married
  • Pleasures of the Night
  • Spellbound
  • Heat of the Night
  • For a full list of Ms. Day's books:  http://www.sylviaday.com/books/































No comments:

Post a Comment